By Shawn Scott Smith| March 28, 2010 | 1 Comment
Pittsburgh, PA – March 28, 2010 – Horror Realm™, Pittsburgh’s modern horror convention, announces a week’s worth of activities leading up to the convention which takes place September 17-19, 2010:
· A book signing event featuring Rhiannon Frater, author of As the World Dies, on Monday, September 13 at Joseph Beth Booksellers in Southside Works
· Pittsburgh Paranormal Society lecture/presentation on Tuesday, September 14 at Indian Summer in the Stoner Center in Castle Shannon
· Horror film program at The Oaks Theater on Wednesday, September 15
· Rock show at The Smiling Moose on Thursday, September 16
Details on each Horror Realm™ week event will be announced as they become available. All events will be scheduled in the evening (7 PM or later).
The following guests have just been confirmed to appear at Horror Realm™:
· John Saxon, a Golden Globe Award winning actor who has made hundreds of film and television appearances but is best known to horror fans for roles in the films Nightmare on Elm Street, Black Christmas, to name but a few.
· Beverly Bonner, who appeared in the films Frankenhooker, Brain Damage and the entire Basket Case series. She is the third Basket Case alum on the guest list, joining Kevin Van Hentenryck and Terri Susan Smith (Ahu).
· David Crawford, who played Dr. Foster in the original version of Dawn of the Dead. Crawford joins fellow Dawn cast members Ken Foree, Sharon Ceccatti-Hill, Joe Shelby, Tony Buba and director of photography Mike Gornick.
On Saturday, September 18 there will be a monster costume ball in the evening after the dealer room closes (time TBA). Admission is free with the purchase of a weekend or Friday/Saturday day pass ($5 cover at the door without a convention admission). Come as your favorite zombie, vampire, werewolf, mummy or other horror character – or just be yourself. The ball will feature a cash bar, DJ, costume contest and silent auction to benefit United Cerebral Palsy and The Epilepsy Foundation. Anyone wishing to donate items for the auction should contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
There’s still time to take advantage of vendor tables and advanced ticket purchase at a discount – prices are good through March 31. Please visit the convention web site at www.horrorrealmcon.com for information.
About Horror Realm™:
Horror Realm™ is Pittsburgh’s modern horror convention. The 2010 convention takes place September 17-19 at the Crowne Plaza Pittsburgh South. Please visit www.horrorrealmcon.com for more information.