By Shawn Scott Smith| October 24, 2012 | Comments Off
Popular Guest Portrayed “Darth Maul”; Joins Sir Patrick Stewart, WWE® Superstar CM Punk®, Eliza Duskhu, Michael Rooker, ‘Star Trek: TNG’ Reunion At Austin Convention Center
NEW YORK and AUSTIN, Texas, October 23, 2012 – Ray Park, who portrayed “Darth Maul” in Star Wars: Episode I – The Phantom Menace, has been added to the roster of celebrities attending Wizard World Austin Comic Con, Friday through Sunday at Austin Convention Center. He will join stars like Sir Patrick Stewart, WWE® Superstar CM Punk®, Eliza Dushku and Michael Rooker at the event.
A hugely popular Wizard World guest, Park will attend all three days. He will sign autographs, meet fans, pose for photo ops and conduct an interactive Q&A.
Park got his start as an actor and a stuntman in minor roles during 1997’s Mortal Kombat Annihilation. From there, Park was soon cast as “Darth Maul,” his most popular role to date. His turn as a Star Wars villain was embraced by fans for his chilling visual look and Park’s ferocious performance that redefined the sith for the modern audience.
Park has gone on to star or appear in several hit films, including director Tim Burton’sSleepy Hollow, Ballistic: Ecks Vs. Sever, Fanboys and X-Men. Park has also been a regular in the popular NBC series “Heroes” and has a key role in the upcoming blockbuster G.I. Joe: Retaliation with Bruce Willis, Channing Tatum, Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson and Adrianne Palicki, due for March 2013 release. Read more
By Shawn Marshall| October 24, 2012 | Comments Off
Those of you that have followed me for awhile (and if you’re not, please do so now on Twitter, @The_Con_Fluence), know that Long Beach Comic-Con (LBCC) is one of my favorite tour stops of the year. So, it should be no surprise to you that I’m counting down the days until their next show, this November 3rd-November 4th. In anticipation of the show, I’m here with my annual interview Martha Donato, President of Mad Event Management. Ms. Donato is always very kind with her time and is here once again with some exciting details for this year’s show. Read more
By Shawn Scott Smith| October 23, 2012 | Comments Off
Don’t miss out on the most talked about horror party in the midwest, w/ over 40 celebrity guests such as RODDY PIPER, MICK FOLEY, SID HAIG, BILL MOSELEY, CHRIS SARANDON, PETER CRISS, and many, many MORE!
Score yours today at http://www.DaysoftheDead.
By Shawn Scott Smith| October 22, 2012 | Comments Off
KEVIN SMITH TO BE SPOTLIGHT GUEST AT THE CHICAGO COMIC & ENTERTAINMENT EXPO (C2E2)
Midwest Pop Culture Extravaganza Will Play Host To Top Talent
Tickets go on sale Friday, October 26!
|Norwalk, CT, October 22, 2012: Show organizers for the Chicago Comic & Entertainment Expo (C2E2) have today announced that noted filmmaker, comic book writer and internet radio personality, Kevin Smith, will be a Spotlight Guest at the annual Midwest pop culture extravaganza. This news about Mr. Smith, a popular celebrity who regularly attracts huge audiences to his performances and appearances, is the first in a long line of significant guest announcements that show officials will be making in the coming months. Organizers anticipate that this year’s C2E2, which will take place April 26 – 28, 2013 at Chicago’s McCormick Place Convention Center, will be by far the biggest and most anticipated event since the show was launched in 2010.
In announcing the news about Mr. Smith, show officials are also pleased to reveal that 3-Day tickets for C2E2 will go on sale Friday, October 26 at 12 noon Central Time and will be available for purchase at www.C2E2.com. Single day tickets will go on sale at a later date. Fans are encouraged to purchase their 3-Day tickets early.
By Shawn Scott Smith| October 21, 2012 | Comments Off
Oct 26th-28th, 2012
Akicon Bellevue, WA
Aliens To Zombies Hollywood, Ca
Annapolis Comic Con Annapolis, MD
Chiller Theatre Parsippany, NJ
Creation Supernatural Chicago, IL
Detroit Fanfare Detroit, MI
Fanboy Expo Pigeon Forge, TN
Fandom Pensacola, FL
Fangcon Nashville, TN
Flatcon Bloomington, IL
Furfright Cromwell, CT
GMX Nashville, TN
Hal-con Halifax, NS
Hallowcon Dalton, GA
Knoxville Horror Film Fest Knoxville, TN
Necrocomicon St. Petersburg, FL
Nm TriCon Santa Anna, NM
Ohio Valley Filk Worthington, OH
Rising Star Bluefield, WV
Son Of Monsterpalooza Burbank, CA
Steamcon, Seattle, WA
U-con Ann Arbor, MI
Ultimate Horror Orlando, FL
Wasabicon Jacksonville, FL
Wizard World Austin, TX
By Shawn Scott Smith| October 20, 2012 | Comments Off
Programming At 2012 Wizard World Austin Comic Con To Include ‘Star Trek: TNG’ Reunion, Q&A’s With Patrick Stewart, Eliza Dushku, WWE® Superstar CM Punk®, Evening Parties
Dean Cain, ‘The Walking Dead’ Cast, Other Celebrities, Artist Sessions, Comics, Movies, TV Panels At Austin Convention Center, October 26-28
NEW YORK and AUSTIN, Texas, October 19, 2012 – Wizard World today announced its most robust Austin Comic Con programming schedule ever, with a variety of sessions with top celebrities, superstar artists, industry insiders, evening parties, costume contests and dedicated kids activities, Oct. 26-28, 2012, at the Austin Convention Center. A once-in-a-generation special reunion of the cast of “Star Trek: The Next Generation,” individual Q&A’s with Patrick Stewart, Eliza Dushku andWWE® Superstar CM Punk® are among the more than 15 celebrity panels among the nearly 50 scheduled during the three days.
The evening entertainment includes the popular “Wizard World Drink & Draw” on Friday, Oct. 26, and “Wizard World Masquerade Party” on Saturday night.
Some of the more interesting panels include:
· Interactive celebrity Q&A’s with Stewart, Dushku, Punk, Dean Cain and Lou Ferrigno.
· Eight cast members of “Star Trek: TNG,” on stage for the first time in the U.S., including Stewart (Captain Picard), Jonathan Frakes (Commander William T. Riker), LeVar Burton (Lt. Commander Geordi La Forge), Michael Dorn (Lieutenant Worf), Marina Sirtis (Counselor Deanna Troi), Brent Spiner (Lt. Commander Data) and Gates McFadden (Dr. Beverly Crusher). This is an additional, paid event.
· “The Walking Dead” stars Norman Reedus, Michael Rooker and Jon Bernthal discuss the popular AMC show.
· “Star Trek: TNG” breakout sessions featuring the ladies (Sirtis, McFadden) and a selection of the men (Frakes, Burton, Spiner, Dorn) from the series.
· Creator spotlights with industry giants Neal Adams, Mike McKone, Bernie Wrightson, Humberto Ramos and more.
· Comprehensive discussions of a wide range of topics from vampires to series cancellations to webseries and more.
· Costume contests for adults (Saturday) and Kids (Sunday) for an early start to Halloween.
· Kids Day on Sunday, with a full slate of activities specially designed for the youngsters.
By Shawn Scott Smith| October 19, 2012 | Comments Off
The event features panels, a costume party judged by the cast of SyFy’s “Monster Man,” the Aliens to Zombies Film Festival and exhibitors examining everything from A to Z in the pop culture world of science fiction, horror and the post-apocalyptic.
Scheduled to appear: PJ Soles (“Halloween”), Christine Elise (“Child’s Play”), Brea Grant (“Heroes”), the Twisted Twins (“Dead Hooker in a Trunk”), Matt Mogk (Zombie Research Society), Stephen Murillo (Mutual UFO Network), Richard Martini (“Flipside”), plus the creators of Monsterverse comics. EXHIBITOR AND SPONSORSHIP INFORMATION: Read more
By Shawn Scott Smith| October 18, 2012 | Comments Off
October 17th, 2012 – The Tampa Bay Comic Con will take place on October 20th-21st, 2012!
Chandler Riggs, a starring cast member of AMC’s hit TV series, “The Walking Dead” will be at the Tampa Bay Comic Con!
With a large selection of vendors selling comic books, action figures, cards, games, manga and Star Wars items there will be something for everyone. A great line-up of local writers and artists will be exhibiting their works, selling original artwork and accepting commissions.
Be sure to arrive early to pick-up a FREE Tampa Bay Comic Con exclusive poster featuring the Dark Knight ready to fight for survival against an oncoming horde of zombies! The poster was created by Ben Templesmith (who will be a guest at the Tampa Bay Comic Con). In addition, Ben Templesmith has created a painted image of the Joker which will be limited to only 25 prints (all will be signed and numbered).
By Petrea Mitchell| October 18, 2012 | Comments Off
Anime Midwest, a three-day two-night anime convention in Chicago, is happy to announce several comic book guests will be appearing at the 2013 convention. Russell Lissau, Alan Evans, Trevor Mueller, and Steve Horton will be appearing at the 2013 anime and comic convention.
By Shawn Scott Smith| October 18, 2012 | Comments Off
Nov 17th, 2012
Collectors Showcase Morristown, TN
April 26th-28th, 2013
Ice & Fire Ravenwood Castle, OH
June 27th-29th, 2013
Ladies of Letterpress Mt. Pleasant, IA
Sept 21st-22nd, 2013
Project Comiccon St. Louis, MO
By Shawn Scott Smith| October 17, 2012 | Comments Off
Joins Headliners Patrick Stewart, Stan Lee, Eliza Dushku, Michael Madsen, WWE® Superstar CM Punk®, Gillian Anderson, Many Others At New Orleans Ernest N. Morial Convention Center
NEW YORK and NEW ORLEANS, October 16, 2012 – Best known for his role as “Tommy Oliver” in the long-running TV show “Power Rangers,” Jason David Frank will morph his way to Wizard World New Orleans Comic Con, Nov. 30 – Dec. 2, 2012, at New Orleans Ernest N. Morial Convention Center. Frank, also a highly accomplished and respected martial artist with 34 years experience, will sign autographs, meet fans, pose for photos and conduct an interactive Q&A panel.
Frank morphed into a series of different rangers over the years: “Mighty Morphin Green and White,” “Red Zeo,” “Red Turbo,” and then returned in 2004 as the “Black DinoThunder Ranger.” All in all, “Tommy” appeared in more episodes than any other character, 225 in total, and appeared in both full-length movies, Mighty Morphin Power Rangers The Movie (1995) and Turbo(1997).
In addition to owning/operating Rising Sun Karate and MMA, with two schools in Texas and one in California, Frank has taken on several small and big screen roles with his most recent being The One Warrior, an action/fantasy film which also stars James Russo and Dominic Keating. In the story, the character of The One Warrior finds himself in a mythical world where he must destroy the Evil Lord Shoukata. Read more
By Shawn Scott Smith| October 17, 2012 | Comments Off
- Monica Rial: Monica has been working in the anime voice over industry for 13 years. As an actress for ADV Films and Funimation Entertainment she has lent her voice to over 250 anime including: High School of the Dead (Shizuka), Soul Eater (Tsubaki), Air TV (Misuzu), Azumanga Daioh (Nyamo), Baccano! (Chane), Black Butler (Mei Ren), Black Cat (Kyoko), Burst Angel (Jo), Chrome Shelled Regios (Felli), Chrono Crusade (Fiore), Claymore (Miria), DN Angel (Towa), D. Gray-man (Lero/Lulu Bell), E.F. a Tale of Memories (Chihiro), Excel Saga (Hyatt), Fairy Tail (Mirajane), Full Metal Panic (Kyoko), Ghost Stories (Momoko), Gunslinger Girl (Angelica), Hetalia (Flying Mint Bunny/ Belarus), Kurau Phantom Memory (Kurau), Moon Phase (Hazuki), Negima (Konoka/Kazumi/Satsuki), Noir (Kirika), One Piece (Tashigi/Carue/Kuina), Ouran Host Club (Renge), Princess Jellyfish (Mayaya), Rahxephon (Haruka), School Sergeant Frog (Momoka), Shuffle! (Asa), Speed Grapher (Kagura), Spiral (Rio), Tsubasa Chronicles (Sakura), Witchblade (Maria) and many more. She can be heard on the Cartoon Network in Shinchan (Ai), Fullmetal Alchemist (Lyra/Dante), Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood (May Chang), Case Closed (Amy) and Trinity Blood (Vanessa). You can also catch her on Nicktoons and the CW as Bulma in Dragonball Z Kai. She is also an ADR script adaptor and occasionally a director for Funimation Entertainment.
- Brittney Karbowski: Brittney is an Anime Voice Actress for many Funimation and ADV releases including: Soul Eater (Blackstar), Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood (Selim Bradley/Pride), Xenosaga (M.O.M.O.), Pani Poni Dash! (Himeko), Coyote Ragtime Show (Franca), Kanon (Ayu Tsukimiya), Yumeria (Mone), Godanner (Momoko), Gilgamesh (Fuko), Ouran High School Host Club (Hinako), Negima!? (Anya), Sasami: Magical Girls Club (Anri Misugi), Air Gear (Reng Fa), One Piece (Apis), Le Chevalier D’Eon (Anna Rochefort), Claymore (Riful), Hell Girl (Minami Shibuya) and more! Brittney is more than just a voice actor, and can be seen in the feature films Up & Down, Puncture (co-starring with Chris Evans) and Code of Evil.
By Shawn Scott Smith| October 16, 2012 | Comments Off
‘Star Trek,’ ‘Star Wars,’ ‘Doctor Who,’ ‘Ghostbusters’ Clubs, Podcast, Children’s Museum Among Top Organizations At Austin Convention Center, October 26-28
NEW YORK and AUSTIN, Texas, October 15, 2012 – Attendees at this month’s Wizard World Austin Comic Con, on their way to visiting celebrities, artists, exhibitors and other attractions, will likely run into more than a few members of the more than 20 fan communities setting up on and roaming the Austin Convention Center floor, Oct. 26-28. Groups displaying their affinity for such staples as Star Wars, “Star Trek,” Ghostbusters, “Doctor Who,” charities, themed podcasters and other non-profit organizations will be on hand, greatly enhancing the fan experience for the thousands expected over the three days.
Some of the organizations on site include:
- 501st Garrison – Central Texas Squad, a chapter of the national organization which seeks to promote interest in Star Wars through the building and wearing of quality costumes, and to facilitate the use of these costumes for Star Wars-related events as well as contributions to the local community through costumed charity and volunteer work.
- Anomaly Podcast and Blog, an award winning geek-girl show, often featured in the “What’s Hot” section under “TV and Film” within the iTunes store. From the start, the founders of Anomaly had but one goal in mind: to have fun while sharing their feminine perspectives on all things geek. Created over five years ago, Anomaly and its supporting show, Anomaly Supplemental, each feature commentary on science fiction and fantasy literature, television, and film.
- Ark Angel, whose “meetings” range from actual meetings of a business type to anything from watching movies at one of the Crew’s houses, camping trips, laser tag outings, bowling, LAN parties, role-playing games, or just sitting around a table playing games of all types. Read more
By Shawn Scott Smith| October 15, 2012 | Comments Off
We’ve updated our calendar with any of the two day shows.
More info at http://www.tampabaycomiccon.
On Facebook at Tampa Bay Comic Con
-October 24 and 25, 2012 : CBC at UNF Campus Union Building located at 12000 Alumni Drive, Jacksonville, Florida
Comics, toys, comic sets, trade paperbacks. Door prizes and give-aways all day long !!! 1000′s of 50 cent comics.
Brought to you by the Comic Book Connection. Show hours are 10 AM to 3:30 PM
More info call Joe at 904-703-9246 or email
Web site is http://thecomicbookconnection.
-October 26-28, 2012 : Spooky Empire will be at the Hilton Orlando, 6001 Destination Pkwy, Orlando, Florida 32819
More info at
By Shawn Scott Smith| October 15, 2012 | Comments Off
It’s Mid-October and a lot has been going on here at FSC HQ! We’re hard at work putting together Florida Supercon 2013 and have a ton of updates since our last email. But July 4-7, 2013 is a long way away… and we love putting on events… so we’re thrilled to announce a brand new event, ANIMATE! MIAMI set for January 18-20, 2013 at the Miami Airport Convention Center, It’s a big 3 day festival dedicated to Anime, Animation and Cosplay.
ANIMATE! MIAMI: South Florida’s Anime, Animation and Cosplay Convention is JANUARY 18 – 20, 2013. Don’t miss 3 days of fun featuring celebrity voice actors, industry guests, anime, cosplayers, artists, panels, Q&A’s, costume & cosplay contests, vendors, parties, workshops and more! ANIMATE! MIAMI will take place at the Miami Airport Convention Center, 711 NW 72nd Ave, Miami FL. 33126. Visit www.animatemiami.com andwww.facebook.com/animatemiami for all the info!
FLORIDA SUPERCON: South Florida’s Comic Book, Anime, Animation, Video Game, Fantasy, Sci-Fi and Pop Culture Convention will take place JULY 4 – 7, 2013 at the Miami Airport Convention Center. It’s 4 days of fun featuring celebrity guests, comic book creators, voice actors, industry guests, cosplayers, artists, writers, panels, Q&A’s, films & shorts, costume & cosplay contests, vendors, parties, anime, workshops, video gaming and more! FSC will be returning for year eight to the MIAMI AIRPORT CONVENTION CENTER (MACC). Next year July 4th is on a Thursday, so instead of starting the show on Friday, next years event will take place Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday for another 4 day show!
For up to the minute updates, follow us online at Read more
By Shawn Scott Smith| October 14, 2012 | Comments Off
Oct 18th-21st, 2012
Albacon Albany, NY
Anime Banzai Layton, UT
Anime Fusion Bloomington, MN
Another Anime Con Nashua, NH
Arcana St. Paul, MN
Charcon Charleston, WV
Cogcon Rolla, MO
Concept Montreal, QB
Dark Carnival Bloomington, IN
Fan Days Dallas, TX
HEX Honolulu, HI
Milehicon Denver, CO
OKlacon Watonga, OK
Oni-con Houston, TX
Pinball Expo Chicago, IL
Philly Non Sport Card Allentown, PA
Rock Con Rockford, IL
South Texas Horror McAllen, TX
Tampa Bay Comic Con Tampa, FL
Thriller Chiller Grand Rapids, MI
Toronto After Dark Toronto, ON
Valleycon Fargo, ND
Wincon Dallas, TX
Zombicon Ft. Myers, FL
Zombie Con San Antonio, TX
By Shawn Scott Smith| October 13, 2012 | Comments Off
Tampa Bay Comic Con will be at the Double Tree Hotel,4500 West Cypress Street, Tampa, Florida 33607. It is a two day show. Saturday October 20, 2012 and Sunday October 21, 2012.
By Shawn Scott Smith| October 12, 2012 | Comments Off
|Starbase Indy 2012
We have the moon and the Stars
Welcome sci-fi fans and space enthusiasts. All of us here at Starbase Indy would like to thank you for your past support and remind you that it is time once again to gear up for another great convention. Join with like-minded people who will be gathering at the newly remodeled Marriott East (or the value priced La Quinta) for Starbase Indy, the 17th Generation. Vote Attend SBI 2012 this Thanksgiving weekend, November 23-25, 2012.
|Tribute to Neil Armstong NASA Exhibit
Stars? Of course we have stars. How could we not have stars in our universe? This year we are bringing you the Moon and the Stars.
You will not want to miss the launch of our first ever Tribute to Neil Armstrong NASA Exhibit brought to Indianapolis by Shane Co. NASA will be sending us a number of items from Apollo missions for display at Starbase Indy. It will be our tribute to Neil Armstrong and space exploration and we think it melds perfectly with our science programming and our hopes for our future in space.